The G5 is Cambridge Audio’s potable wireless speaker for those who are on the move, requiring both mobility and versatility. You get balanced, detailed and focused sound in a compact yet refined enclosure.
Its Party Mode allows two G5’s to be paired together, and each will play in sync giving you amazing sound in two areas of your home, such as your living room and your garden.
At “party” volume, the G5 could run for 14 hours straight, and up to 24 hours at lower volumes. There is also a battery indicator so you would also know how much jamming time you have left.
In addition to great sound, G5 comes with these auxiliary functionalities:
- Mobile Device Charging: You could charge your phone from the G5 even when it is not plugged into the mains. Handy at a picnic or anywhere out and about.
- Speakerphone feature: The G5 makes a perfect speakerphone, with clear voice from the microphone. Handy for quick conference calls or hands-free calls even when you are doing your kitchen works!
- Bluetooth Receiver Mode: A 3.5mm line output lets the G5 receive Bluetooth and send it to another HiFi or speaker system. This is a great feature that gives any existing HiFi set up the ability to receive wireless Bluetooth audio.
- APTX Bluetooth: The best Bluetooth standard at the moment that allows you to enjoy CD quality sounds.
- NFC (Near Field Communication): Works with many android phones and tablets. If your mobile device supports NFC, just touch your phone or tablet on the side of the G5 and it will pair automatically with no need for searching or browsing menus.
If you prefer a wireless portable speaker with more power, then take a look at Cambridge Audio’s Air 200 Wireless Speaker with 200W amplification.